Preliminary Estimate Instructions
If you have not already done so, you will want to take some time to think about what you wish to accomplish with your new Website. Determine if you will need any special functionality or interactivity with your visitors; consider the type of design style which appeals to you and then be sure to let us know.When you are ready, please request your free, no-obligation Web design Estimate.
Estimate Request Analysis
Based on the information you provided when requesting your Web design Estimate, we attempt to determine your needs, what you are expecting from your Website, and try to get a feel for your industry. This is why it is important for you to be as detailed as possible when requesting your Estimate.
We may have questions for you to help clarify certain issues and we will express those before quoting on your project.
If we believe that your Website development project could benefit from our services and skills, we will estimate this for your project.
Website Development Contract
Once we have come to an agreement on project details, timeline and price, we will ask you to read and accept our client contract.
The signed contract and 50% deposit is required before we schedule a time slot for your project. The remainder of your balance will be due upon project completion. Once we have received your 50% deposit and signed contract, we will provide you with a copy of the fully executed contract, a receipt for your deposit and your project start date. All projects are scheduled on a “first come, first served” basis.
Domain name registration / Website Hosting
If needed, we will immediately secure your desired domain name (pending availability). The domain is registered in your name with your information and you will be the only registrant contact on file.
If you require hosting services, Schepps Design can facilitate your hosting needs for a competitve rate.
2. Graphic Design Phase
Upon receipt of your deposit and contract (if applicable), the developer in charge of your project will email you to confirm receipt of your deposit/contract, give you their direct contact information and possibly provide a list of items which will be needed from you over the course of development.
You will need to let us know the navigation links you would like (such as home, about us, services, etc) and supply all text and/or product information to be included on your site. In addition, you may also supply material such as company logo, personal photos, etc, if desired.
If you have any guide sites you would like us to refer to when designing your site or if you have any preference as to colors, style, etc please offer that information as well.
For E-Commerce (if applicable) sites that require us to enter products for you, we will need you to supply a text documentation of the following: payment modules, bank information, Product Name, Unique Product ID Number (if any), Product Description, Options (if any – size, color, etc), Price, Approximate Weight, Number in Stock, as well as the product photos named in correspondence with the Product ID Number on the spread sheet.
In order to serve you efficiently the above information needs be supplied prior to us getting started if applicable.
Work will commence on your scheduled start date. The developer in charge of your project will contact you on that day to confirm that we are getting started.
Custom Designed Website Concept
Upon request we can provide up to two possible custom designed home page concepts for your project. Otherwise by default we will create one concept design for your approval as detailed in the invoice/estimate.
After you have reviewed the design and decide to move forward - Once the final desired look is achieved, we will create the interior page layout, convert the design to HTML, add programming, etc.
During this process, you will have the opportunity to review progress. (See next item.)
In Progress Viewing
Upon request we can establish a private directory for your new Website on our testing server so that you may view the Website development progress at any time. In addition, your project manager can inform you via email when extensive updates to the site have been made so you can review the most recent progress.
All projects can include use of professional photography. If a client requires photography which we do not currently possess, an additional fee may apply.
3. Website Development / Coding Phase
(NOTE: At the commencement of the coding production phase all design work will have been approved and final. Please review your changes carefully as any additions or changes to the design after this point may result in additional cost.)
Programming / Coding
All Website development programming/coding to run any special features/visitor interactivity on your Website is completed and tested.
Based upon your contract /order and the final design you selected, we will create the agreed amount of static or dynamic pages as needed to complete your site.
Navigation links or drop down menus, and rollover effects, if desired, are completed.
Creation of a site map page is done which includes easy one-click access to all pages of your site.
Incorporation of your logo, photos and text content is included in all projects. Custom logo design is available for an additional fee, please inquire if needed.
CSS Stylesheets are used to define font faces, styles, sizes and colors for consistency throughout the site.
Website Favicon (Extra)
A favicon is a small image that displays in the address bar and on the favorites menu when someone bookmarks or adds your Website to their "Favorites". Creation of a favicon is an extra included in custom Website development projects at additional cost.
Response Forms / Email Contact Forms (Extra)
We always recommend at least one contact form for your visitor’s convenience. Using a contact form, a visitor can email you directly from your Website without needing to open their email program. This is especially convenient if a visitor is not using their own computer when their email program is not available.
4. Testing Phase
Search Engine Readiness Check
Meta Tags, Page Titles, Page Heading, Alt Image Tags, Link Text, and Page Body Text evaluation and adjustment where needed throughout the Website. At no time can we guarantee when or where the search engines will place your Website within their search results or directory.
Browser Compatibility Testing
Your Website is tested on a variety of operating systems and browsers to insure proper display and functionality.
Grammar & Spell Check
Before the Website is launched, a grammar and spell check is performed to insure there are no mistakes.
Dead Link Check
A thorough check for misdirected links and missing files is performed just prior to as well as after the launch of the Website.
Forms / Programming
Any email contact forms and/or programming features included in your project are tested to confirm they are functioning as required.
5. Launch Phase
You will have one week maximum (7 days) for review after site completion. Final payment and final client approval (sign-off) is always due BEFORE we take the Website live on your domain and before the transfer of ownership. Upon receipt of final payment, you will be emailed a final/paid in full receipt granting full rights and ownership of your new site. Please see our terms and conditions for more information.
All necessary Website files and scripts are copied to your domain and databases are setup.
After the Website is live, any interactive programming and scripts are tested to verify proper function. Since the design and testing phase often occurs on a different server, it is very important to once again verify that everything is working correctly after taking the Website live.
After launch and testing of the Website, you are provided with an optional zipped archive of all Website files if you wish.
Instructions & Documentation
When necessary, any documentation needed to use the administration functions of your Website is included in PDF format.
Search Engine Submission (Extra)
Hand submission and automated search engine submission occurs after launching, testing and fixing any issues there may have been.
6. Completion Phase
Minor Adjustments / Changes
Minor adjustments to the Website are included at no charge for up to two weeks after the Website has launched (maximum of up to 30 minutes of labor). Minor changes include adding changing text, in some cases the addition or changing photos, etc. Any major revision requests will require additional discussion and possibly incur a fee. Absolutely all design changes must be made before the begining of the coding phase. Absolutely all changes / fixes must be submitted in writing before final payment and signed final approval . All work / sales final and no refunds or exchanges after 30 days.
Schepps Design can facilitate your hosting needs with great server uptime, lots of features as well as good customer support. Please read our hosting terms Schepps Design hosting terms
By paying for, ordering any service and / or as a client of Schepps Design past or present, the client must accept, agree and abide to our current terms of service / client contract , development, invoices, estimates or quotes and enter into legally binding contract with Schepps Design.
- The client : The company or individual requesting the services of Schepps Design.
- Schepps Design: Primary designer / site, developer, owner & employees or affiliates.
- An e-contract is simply a legal contract that is dealt with online, and is basically the same thing as a paper contract that you would sign with a pen. By paying for or ordering any services from Schepps Design, the client automatically enters into legally binding contract with Schepps Design..
- Schepps Design reserves the right to terminate a project with a client at any time without prior notification if it finds the client in breach of contract or the following terms and conditions. Developer Schepps Design shall be the sole arbiter in deciding what constitutes a breach. No refunds are given in such a situation.
- Possible termination of any special discounts
- Any immediate total balance due
- Termination of project production
- Legal action
CONDITIONS OF CLIENT/DEVELOPER E-CONTRACT:
1. ALL PROJECTS OR WORK DONE BY SCHEPPS DESIGN REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF SCHEPPS DESIGN UNTIL ANY OUTSTANDING BALANCE IS PAID IN FULL!
- Project deposit is due in full before the start of each project and unless agreed upon in writing the project deposit is non-refundable after project's start date.
- Final payment balance is always due in full immediately upon completion of project, signed final approval, issue and/or final invoice.
- Once Schepps Design has received full payment and signed final approval by the client, the client will be given the rights as sole owner of the design/Website and its contents.
- It is the client's legal responsibility to honor all contractual obligations whether they be written, verbal or otherwise with Schepps Design
3. Unless agreed upon in writing bills past due for 60 days may be turned over to a third party.
4. If payment has not been received by the due date or if client refuses to a signed final approval of project or work, Schepps Design has the right to suspend ongoing work for client and hosting services, if applicable, until such time that full payment of the outstanding balance has been received and final approval has signed. If full payment and signed final approval has still not been received after the final reminder due date, Schepps Design has the right to replace, modify or remove the Website and revoke the client's license of the work until full payment has been received or final approval has been signed. By revoking the client's license of the work or removing the web site from the Internet, Schepps Design does not remove the client's obligation to pay any outstanding monies owing.
5. Unless agreed to in writing Schepps Design has the right to suspend ongoing labor and production for client if the client has unpaid invoices. Schepps Design reserves the right to suspend ongoing labor until the total balance due is paid in full or until a reasonable solution has been agreed to by both parties.
6. Premature termination of job or contract by client without advanced notice or express written or verbal consent from Schepps Design will be considered breach of contract and will be considered a violation of Schepps Design's terms of service as well as incur possible legal ramifications.
If you have any questions concerning your invoice, contact Schepps Design
DESIGN PRODUCTION CONDITIONS
1. Proofs will be presented for client approval at each stage of development. If revisions are required, a request must be made when proofs are returned to designers. 2 edits, based upon client's feedback will constitute acceptable delivery unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by both designers and client. Absolutely all design changes or requests must be made by the client before the beginning of the coding phase. Absolutely all changes, fixes and discrepancies must be submitted before final payment and final approval. All work / sales final and no refunds or exchanges after 30 days.
2. The client agrees to provide timely responses to Schepps Design after receiving status notifications, work for review or requests for information. The client shall have 3 business days to respond to Schepps Design. Including but not limited to drafts , final project approval or request for any information submitted. If the client has failed to respond after 3 business days, Schepps Design will deem the artwork approved, complete and final.
3. If the client rejects the work within the review period, or will not approve subsequent work performed by Schepps Design to remedy any points reported by the client as unsatisfactory, and Schepps Design considers that the client is unreasonable in his repeated rejection of the work, the contract will be deemed to have expired and Schepps Design can take any legal measures to recover both payment for the completed work and reasonable expenses incurred in recovering payment.
4.The custom code which provides the extended functionality of the website, i.e. non-standard custom code, will remain the copyright of Schepps Design and the client will be granted a license to use it. The intention of this clause is to allow Schepps Design to re-use the code without limitation, and to prevent the client from selling code at a commercial level as their own intellectual property.
5. Maximum of 2 revisions (i.e. color changes or new header image) on a fixed price estimate or1 hour maximum. Additional revisions will be charged an hourly rate. If the client develops preferences or changes their mind after the completion of the work, adjustments will be made by the hour at Schepps Design's current hourly rate.
6. It is important to know that our designers create your design based on the specifications you've provided to us (i.e. color scheme, number of columns in the layout, use of artwork/imagery,etc) - so it is important for you to be as specific as possible in your original request so that we are able to provide you with just the look you're going for. Further revisions may incur additional fees.
7. Schepps Design may give the client a substantial discount providing that the design/work can be used as a Schepps Design portfolio item. This portfolio discount will be visible in the client's invoice designated by "Portfolio Discount" or similar. Portfolio items are used as a showcase for: all forms of publication, media, clients and other prospective Schepps Design business interests. Check with our representatives first! Portfolio items must not be altered in any manner without advanced notice or express written or verbal consent from Schepps Design. Depending on the severity of the alteration, failure to comply may be considered a breach of contract and may be considered a violation of Schepps Design's terms of service. If Schepps Design cannot use the already discounted design piece as a portfolio item for any reason the client is responsible for either correcting the issues so that it is presentable or paying the discounted balance.
8. Schepps Design may provide a full site demo/evaluation prior to final payment on our servers for a period of 15 days. After the demo period the site must be either approved or paid in full to remain functional. We will not be held responsible for client namserver changing activity or loss of data during or after the demo period.
1. Schepps Design will always work with you trying to meet your business needs but we will not be held responsible for failure to meet deadlines, quotations, estimates and invoices due to but not limited to:
a.) lag times due to slow response / direction from our clients.
b.) Failure by client to initiate clearly defined project scope or goals resulting in subsequent complexity or additional labor not specified in original estimate, invoice, writing or verbally.
c.) client changes or additional work added to projects that will incur additional time or fee.
d.) Schepps Design shall not be liable for any failure or delay in supply or delivery of products/services where such failure or delay is wholly or partly due to any cause or circumstances whatsoever outside the reasonable control of Schepps Design including but not limited to war, strikes, lockouts, industrial disputes or unrest, government restrictions or transport delays, fire, power outages, failure attributable to hosting suppliers, breakdown of plant, theft, vandalism, riots, civil commotions, accidents of any kind or act of terrorism.
2. Offers and proposals made by Schepps Design to potential clients should be treated as trade secrets and remain the property of Schepps Design. Such offers and proposals or the information contained within them must not be passed to third parties or publicly disseminated without prior written authorization from Schepps Design. This includes, but is not limited to, technical features, functionality, proposals, aspects of the design and pricing information.
3. Schepps Design is not responsible for faulty or proprietary code designed or written by a third party provided or otherwise.
4.Absolutely all changes / fixes must be submitted in writing before final payment and signed final approval . Once the final approval has been signed, the client is responsible for the entire document layout/graphic, including any errors in punctuation, spelling, grammar, dates, numbers, shopping cart data, and other content. All work / sales final and no refunds or exchanges after 30 days.
5.Schepps Design will not be held responsible for any alteration to FINAL Schepps Design product or code. Final product or labor is defined by the delivery of a final invoice and signed final approval of product or services of Schepps Design. Alteration of Schepps Design code in any way, shape or form (including alteration by provided client side Content Management System) either by client or 3rd party other than Schepps Design rendering Website/product non-functional may result in termination of any guarantee, warranty, contract or special discounts and may result in additional repair / correction fees.
6.Schepps design is not responsible for any 3rd party Web server caused activity including but not limited to viruses, hacking attempts, downtime or any losses face by client due to the proceeding.
7. Schepps Design reserves the right to allow for adding attorneys' fees, court costs and marshal fees on unpaid bills. Schepps Design reserves the right to allow for the adding of interest on unpaid bills. Schepps Design reserves the right to allow for the adding of collection agency fees on unpaid bills.
8.Schepps Design is not an archive or a storage facility. Please verify your media and back up all files as they are received. Schepps Design does NOT store any media whatsoever as a service to our clients. Schepps Design will not be responsible for lost data or media of any kind after 30 days of receipt. NO EXCEPTIONS!
9.Schepps Design does not create or support spam ware/spyware or ad ware revenue driven websites. clients caught using ad ware, spyware or any type of malware on sites designed or created by Schepps Design will be terminated, blacklisted and reported.
10. Schepps Design implements a hold harmless agreement on any e-commerce Web sites created by Schepps Design where the client insists on storing credit card data or personal records of any kind. In such a case Schepps Design will not be held legally responsible or liable for theft/criminal activity that may occur as the result of client's negligence.
Please review our Privacy Statement, which also governs your visit to scheppsdesign.com, to understand our practices.
When you visit scheppsdesign.com or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal contractual requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content provided on this site is owned by or licensed to Schepps Design and/or its affiliates and protected by United States and international copyright laws. Schepps Design and its licensors retain all proprietary rights to the Schepps Design Content. The Schepps Design Content may not be reproduced, transmitted or distributed without the prior written consent of Schepps Design.
All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos and graphics ("Marks") indicated on this site are registered trademarks of Schepps Design and/or its affiliates, in the United States and other countries. You may not make any use of Schepps Design's Marks without the prior written consent of Schepps Design.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
Schepps Design grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site, subject to the Terms. This site and any portion hereof may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, downloaded, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of Schepps Design. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout and form) of Schepps Design and/or its affiliates without the express written consent of Schepps Design. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Schepps Design's name or Marks without the express written consent of Schepps Design. Any unauthorized use terminates the license granted by Schepps Design.
LOST DATA, MEDIA OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
Once again, Schepps Design is not an archive or a storage facility. Please verify your media and back up all files as they are recieved. Schepps Design does NOT store any media whatsoever as a service to our clients. Schepps Design will not be responsible for lost data or media of any kind after 30 days of receipt. NO EXCEPTIONS!
IN NO EVENT WILL SCHEPPS DESIGN, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED AT THIS SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF SITES CREATED BY SCHEPPS DESIGN, THIS SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION OR SERVICES CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SERVICES FROM THIS SITE OR ANY SITE DESIGNED BY SCHEPPS DESIGN RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL COSTS THEREOF. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SCHEPPS DESIGN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, OR OTHER PROPERTY RESULTING IN ANY WAY FROM YOUR USE OF THIS Website OR ANY Website CREATED BY SCHEPPS DESIGN.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY SCHEPPS DESIGN ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. SCHEPPS DESIGN MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SCHEPPS DESIGN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SCHEPPS DESIGN WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES.